Rules and Restrictions
1. The storage areas are for use by SugarMill residents only. Temporary storage of boats and RV’s for visitors of SugarMill residents may be permitted on a space available basis but in any case shall not exceed one week.
2. The following items are the only items permitted for storage in the area: Recreation Vehicles, camper shells, boats and their associated trailers, and utility trailers. Storage of machinery, vehicles, and equipment for commercial or business use is not permitted under any circumstances.
3. Particular spaces will be assigned to the homeowner for storage. The homeowner is responsible to ensure their assigned space is maintained in a manner consistent with other existing SugarMill HOA covenants. This includes, but is not limited to, trimming of weeds as needed and maintaining site free of trash and debris.
4. Those items that are stored in the area must be maintained in a neat and orderly manner. Temporary and minor repair of items in the area is allowed provided that the repairs do not create a risk to others (i.e. dangerous solvents, parts strewn about and the like) and are completed in a short period of time.
5. Keys will be issued to the homeowner for access to the area. Control of the keys is essential to the security of the storage area.
6. Members must be current in HOA dues to place an item in the storage area. There will be a quarterly check of the HOA dues status and any member who is 3 months or more behind in dues will lose the privilege of their storage area space.
7. Approximately quarterly phone calls will be made to each member with an assigned space to insure that the space is actively being used. If a member is leaving SugarMill, they will contact the HOA office and inform them of such so that the storage list may be updated. They will surrender their key when they remove the item from the storage area.
8. If it is determined that a member has left SugarMill, every effort will be made to contact the member to remove their item(s) from the storage area. After a period of six months the property will be considered abandoned and will become the property of the Sugarmill HOA to be disposed of at their discretion.
9. Sugarmill HOA assumes no responsibility for any damage or theft of property within the storage area. Storage of items in the RV and boat storage area is done at the owner’s risk.
10. Releasor agrees to indemnify the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost releasees may incur due to the presence of releasor in or around the SugarMill Plantation Storage Facility or SugarMill Plantation Owners association Property, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise. Releasor hereby assumes full responsibility for risk of bodily injury, death or property loss and damage due to the negligence of releasees or otherwise while in or around the SugarMill Plantation Storage Facility.